History of Aversa
- AVERSA is one of Eastern Europe's leading manufacturers of centrifugal pumps
- The factory first established its foundry and mechanical workshop in 1882
- At the beginning of the Second World War, the factory was occupied by the Army and changed its profile into arms production. The factory produced pieces for machine guns, for bombs and small campaign kitchens
- In 1945, at the Annual General Meeting, the board decided that the old factory should be repositioned. Frequent fires that affected Bucharest in 1945-1946 created an opportunity for shareholders, who perceive the market needs and begin to manufacture pumps for fire extinguishing.
- By 1950 Aversa had evolved to specialize in the production of a wide range of pumps for the industrial, agricultural and energy fields
- In 1955, the first prototype workshop was established and the testing stand created
- After several mergers, the company changes its name into “ Uzina de Pompe Bucuresti” in 1965 and focused exclusively on pump manufacturing and manufacturing spare parts for pumps
- In 1977 there were over 3,800 employees working in the factory. They achieved the largest production in Aversa’s history: 75,555 pumps in one year.
- Starting with 1985, the company was certified and started to deliver pumps for Cernavoda Nuclear Plant and Apa Grea (Heavy Water Plant) in Drobeta Turnu Severin.
- As a supplier of goods and services for Romania’s nuclear facility (CNE-Cernavoda), Aversa implemented in 1982 a Quality Assurance System for nuclear stations pumps of CANDU type.
- During 1980 – 1991, over 80% of the production was exported, the highest level of exports in the companies history
- AVERSA has developed and manufactured pumps for a wide range of applications in a variety of industries including: Refineries, Mining, Petro chemistry, Steel industry, Chemistry, Sugar industry, Cryogenics, Ship building, Conventional power plants, Construction, Nuclear power plants, Agriculture, Pulp and paper, Water supply and distribution, Food industry, General service
- In 2018 AVERSA became part of DP PUMPS DRAKOS POLEMIS GROUP
Aversas Foundry’s activity dates back to 1882. Aversa uses gray cast iron, nodular cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel (according to international standards DIN, NF, BS, UNI, ASTM). The foundry can cast machinery parts with weights between 1 and 5000 kilos.
Aversa has a production capacity of 12000 tons per year. Production equipment: 6 induction furnaces, automatic casting installation DISAMATIC 2013 MK 5-A and others. Control of casted parts: is made with the microscope, spectrometer, durometer, ultrasonic, penetrating liquids, RX, etc. The quality control system has been certified from 1999.
Fairs and Trade Shows
Aversa has traditionally participated every autumn at the Bucharest International Fair (TIB) in October. In recent years, Aversa has been taking place only to specialized fairs:
- EXPO-PETRO Gas - takes place once every 2 years in Bucharest (October)
- ACHEMA - the biggest international fair in Europe, that takes place once every 3 years in Frankfurt, Germany
- Pumps, Armatures, Gaskets – specialized salon, yearly in Bucharest
- INDUSTRY – international fair in Budapest, yearly (May-June)